Combined, ASEAN forms one of the fastest growing economic powerhouses and is one of the world’s top five economies, behind the US, EU, China and Japan*.
Our ASEAN Network and Expertise
As the world’s number one trade bank1, and with over 130 years of presence in ASEAN, HSBC is well established to support your business growth and enable you to tap into new opportunities. Our teams on the ground and unrivalled global network are able to provide you with an in-depth understanding of market dynamics paired with our bespoke solutions to ease your market access into ASEAN and beyond.
Benefits of Working with HSBC in ASEAN
At HSBC, our knowledge goes beyond just understanding individual ASEAN markets, but understanding how to navigate the dynamics and connections between them. HSBC’s strong foundation of connected knowledge with an innovative solution provides a seamless banking experience for our customers. Our offering aims to help international companies capture the growth across ASEAN.
HSBC in Malaysia
- HSBC is the one of the largest foreign-owned bank in Malaysia with over 130 years of experience and more than 60 branches in supporting businesses
- We are the first locally incorporated foreign bank in the country to be awarded a license by Bank Negara Malaysia to set up an Islamic banking industry subsidiary.
- We offer our clients a full suite of services, from trade and cash management to banking products across M&A and debt capital markets
- Home to over 5,000 MNCs from more than 40 countries, Malaysia has a highly-skilled workforce and competitive business cost setting for firm set up.
Key facts and figures
Date of establishment: 1884
Presence: More than 60 Branches
Established in 1935, Valiram grew from a textile business into Southeast Asia’s leading luxury goods and retail specialist, representing 200 brands across various categories, from fashion and accessories, timepieces and jewellery, perfume and cosmetics to confectionery and dining concepts.
Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Valiram has operations across 350 stores with presence in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, the Philippines, Thailand, Russia, Macau and Vietnam. Find out more from Sharan Valiram, Executive Director of Valiram, on their growth journey and how HSBC supports Valiram to be Southeast Asia’s leading luxury retail purveyor.
Case Study: Malaysian Private Healthcare Provider
How HSBC helped in Achieving greater collections efficiency and cash visibility through JomPAY
Our Awards & Accreditations
HSBC’s commitment to ASEAN and Asia has been recognised in multiple awards covering Transaction Banking to Innovation to Sustainability.
- Best International Bank, Malaysia – FinanceAsia Country Awards 2021
- Digital Bank of the Year – The Asset Triple A Digital Awards 2021
- Best Service Provider, Cash Management in Malaysia – The Asset Triple A Treasury, Trade, SSC and Risk Management Awards 2021
- Market Leader for Trade Finance in Malaysia – Euromoney Trade Finance Survey 2021
- Best Service for Trade Finance in Malaysia – Euromoney Trade Finance Survey 2021
- Best in Treasury and Working Capital – MNCs/LLCs – The Asset Triple A Treasury, Trade, SSC and Risk Management Awards 2021
Get in touch to learn more about our banking solutions and how we can help you drive your business forward.